By Kaylee Lindenmuth
SHENANDOAH - A fire in a double-block home on North Bower Street Saturday evening has been ruled accidental.
Firefighters were called to a home at 134 North Bower for reports of a structure fire around 6:30pm.
Shenandoah fire crews arrived on scene confirming a working structure fire in the basement of the home. Mahanoy City West End fire crews diverted from a parade in the borough to respond as well.
According to Shenandoah Fire Marshal Rick Examitas, the fire was contained to the basement of the home, and was accidental in nature, involving a kerosene heater.
The fire created a smoke condition in both 134 and 136 North Bower, and firefighters remained on scene for about 40 minutes ventilating the duplex.
All residents were cleared to return to their homes as firefighters cleared the scene around 7:40pm.
One man, a resident of 134, was treated at the scene by Shenandoah Ambulance for smoke inhalation, Examitas added.
A full photo gallery will be posted soon.
NEWS FROM YOUR TOWN
-East Union Township
-North Union Township
-West Mahanoy Township
-Beyond Northern Schuylkill