By Kaylee Lindenmuth | firstname.lastname@example.org
TURKEY RUN - Burned clothes by a heater and a subsequent smoke condition brought Shenandoah firefighters to a housing development in the Turkey Run section early Friday morning.
Firefighters were called out to 193 Pioneer Road in the Shenandoah Family Development around 1:30am for reports of a possible structure fire.
Within a few minutes, borough police arrived on scene, advising that a smoke condition existed, but no visible fire. Shortly after, crews from the Rescue Hook & Ladder Co and Defender Hose arrived on scene, followed by the rest of the department, and began to ventilate the structure.
According to Shenandoah Fire Chief Russ Schumack, the smoke condition was caused by clothes placed near a heater which had caught fire. The incident caused no structural damage, the chief added.
Firefighters from all five Shenandoah fire companies responded to the scene as well as police from Shenandoah and Mahanoy City. Mahanoy City's West End Fire Company was initially dispatched but cancelled shortly after.
NEWS FROM YOUR TOWN
-East Union Township
-North Union Township
-West Mahanoy Township
-Beyond Northern Schuylkill