By Kaylee Lindenmuth | firstname.lastname@example.org
SHENANDOAH - Shenandoah firefighters were brought out to the southside after a neighbor saw smoke coming from a rooftop on Chester Street.
The call came in around 6:30pm for a reported house fire at the intersection of Chester and South Chestnut Streets in the borough.
Shenandoah emergency services were on scene within a few minutes, and were clear nearly as quickly, after the cause was found to be burnt food on an outside grill behind 306 West Chester.
According to fire officials, the incident was contained to the grill and no damage was reported.
Firefighters from Shenandoah's five fire companies and Mahanoy City's West End, as well as Shenandoah Police responded to the scene.
NEWS FROM YOUR TOWN
-East Union Township
-North Union Township
-West Mahanoy Township
-Beyond Northern Schuylkill