By Kaylee Lindenmuth
SHENANDOAH - A Shenandoah duplex was damaged by fire Tuesday evening, which brought firefighters from all across northern Schuylkill to the scene.
At 6:41pm, firefighters were called to 238 South Jardin Street for reports of a grease fire in the kitchen of the home.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy fire from the rear of the home and the Poplar Street side of the home, and a second alarm was called as Shenandoah fire crews were responding.
Crews remained on scene well into the night handling the incident, as the fire spread throughout 238 South Jardin.
According to fire crews around 8:30pm, the fire had severely damaged 238 and an adjoining home at 236 suffered minor damage.
Both homes were occupied, and the American Red Cross was at the scene assisting displaced residents, three at 238 and one at 236
No one was injured in the fire, and the cause was ruled accidental, said to have been sparked by a culinary incident.
Responding along with firefighters from Shenandoah were crews from Mahanoy City, Girardville, Frackville, Englewood, Shenandoah Heights, William Penn, Ringtown, and Pottsville.
Second alarm crews began to clear the scene by 9:00pm, and the Shenandoah Fire Department was clear by 9:40pm.
This story will be updated when more information is available.
Full Photo Gallery
NEWS FROM YOUR TOWN
-East Union Township
-North Union Township
-West Mahanoy Township
-Beyond Northern Schuylkill